Warm Roasted Pumpkin, Avocado & Beetroot SaladBack to recipes
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
Pumpkin, avocado and beetroot are a great combination of flavours, and together with the basil and red wine vinegar dressing, they make a truly delicious salad. I love to serve this salad with a leg of roasted rosemary lamb, or quite simply on its own as a starter to a meal.
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into wedges
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper & salt, to taste
- 80g baby spinach
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- ½ cup basil leaves
- 850g can GOLDEN CIRCLE Whole Baby Beets , drained & sliced in thirds
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds, lightly toasted, optional
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- 125ml olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Freshly ground pepper & salt
- Place pumpkin wedges on a lined baking tray and lightly brush with oil. Generously season with freshly ground pepper and salt and roast in a preheated oven of 200°C for 30 minutes, or until pumpkin is soft and lightly golden in colour.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing by combining ingredients together in a jar and shaking well.
- Arrange the spinach, avocado, basil and pumpkin in layers onto serving plates or alternatively, place together in a serving bowl and toss. Add the GOLDEN CIRCLE beetroot and sprinkle with almonds. Pour dressing over the salad and serve immediately.